July 24–30, 2022
The Glen Workshop combines the best elements of a craft workshop, arts festival, and spiritual retreat. Held on campus at UNC-Asheville, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, the Glen offers community, challenge, and encouragement for writers, visual artists, art-lovers, and spiritual wayfarers of all stripes who want to grow in their craft, wrestle with questions of art and faith, and connect with others who share their passions.
- Six nights of lodging (reduced-rate commuter options available).
- All meals from Sunday evening through Saturday morning.
- Five days of programming, including evening and afternoon faculty presentations (readings, interviews, craft talks, and more), open mic sessions to share your work, morning chapel, and free time for rest, connection, or local excursions.
- Morning workshops and seminars. You’ll choose one class to stick with for the week, participating in five three-hour sessions, Monday through Friday mornings. Hone your craft in a workshop, or explore art and ideas through discussion in a seminar. For many attendees, the workshop or seminar experience is the heart of the Glen.
- Prefer having mornings free to write, paint, hike, rest, or explore? Choose the retreat option instead and save $300.